When does Oracle Policy Automation represent a better solution than an Ask a Question Form?
A common question we receive as an Implementation Partner is around increasing the functionality and flexibility within the Customer Portal specific to the Ask a Question page feature set. For contact centers using Oracle Service Cloud for any period of time, you have likely implemented enhancements to the Ask a Question feature. For many Ask a Question Portal page enhancements, Oracle provides Widgets and Configurations to support customizations. For items beyond the out-of-the-box features, a partner organization or developer can create code to meet functional needs around design and function. But what do you do if you’re not a developer and you are ready to enhance a single page into a more engaging experience for customers?
Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) provides a new and creative way to build an engaging experience. With the ability to not only create custom content, relationships, and rules but to do it without coding a solution. One of the core ideas of OPA is to provide administrators with the ability to deliver fast effect solutions as a business user. OPA offers visual-based building elements that when brought together create solutions for business users by business users.
When to use an Ask a Question Form
- Data gathering requirements align with simple, non-complex use cases
- Flat data collections (little need for conditional data collection)
- Easy access to development resources to code as needed
When to use Oracle Policy Automation
- Business needs have moved beyond flat data collection
- Desire the ability to have business users manage content
- Complex use cases are emerging that require large amounts of conditional behavior