It’s almost that time of year – time to “fall back” and change our clocks. This year we’ll set our clocks one hour back on November 5 at 2:00 am.
If you come in the office and find your phones are displaying the wrong time, you will need to change the time on the IP Office system. There are a couple different ways to do this (Have your System Administrator follow the instructions below).
How to Set the Time Source to Voicemail Pro/Manager
1. Login as Administrator in the IP Office Manager program.
2. Under File>Preferences the setting for Enable Time Server setting must be checked.
3. Click OK.
4. Select System on the left hand at the top.
5. At the Time Setting Configuration Source drop down list box. Select Voicemail Pro/Manager.
6. In the Time Server Address box enter the IP address of the PC you are running System Administrator on. (Check with your IT Dept. if you don’t know it.
7. Click OK.
8. Next go to File > Save Configuration. You should start to see all handsets reflect the new time.
How to Point the Avaya IP Office to an SNTP Server
Check with your IT Department for this method.
This is the best method. If you have an SNTP Server on your local network that has an accurate time source, point it at that. Follow the instructions above until you get to Time Setting Configuration Source.
After you get your time all set, don’t forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors!
Did this work for you? Which method did you use? Let me know what else CPI can help with.